Continuous improvement in an accounting context is an ongoing process which encourages businesses to continually focus on ways to improve their performance by satisfying customers’ wants and increasing efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
• Identify key performance measures and set performance milestones
• Develop realistic targets aligned to your business objectives, priorities and historical trading activities
• Direct and allocate resources
• Act with confidence
• Measure and assess your performance
• How did you go?
• What did you learn?
• Celebrate successes and address performance gaps
• Reallocate resources and implement changed business practices, as required
Having a strategy in place which focuses on continuous improvement will ensure that your business thrives, and will prepare you to identify and address situations before they can have a negative impact.